Whatever your family law challenge, we will take care of you.
With understanding and compassion, we help you through what can be very difficult life circumstances.
Choose a lawyer who returns your calls and responds to your emails promptly. Choose one who keeps you updated about your case proactively so you aren’t worried because you don’t know what is going on. That’s the treatment you will receive in the law office of Joy Zeiler Courtright, Esq., LLC.
We routinely handle the following aspects of Family Law cases. This is not an exhaustive list as Family Law concerns include too many things to list in one webpage. Joy will be happy to discuss your individual concern or goal if you don’t yet know how your issue fits within the list of services.
- Property division
- Separate Property Concerns and Tracing
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs and DOPOs) to divide retirement interests
- Child custody in Domestic Relations Court (when parents are married)
- Child custody in Juvenile Court (when parents aren’t married)
- Child and Spousal Support in Domestic Relations Court
- Child Support in Juvenile Court
- Modification and Enforcement of child and spousal support provisions in Domestic Relations Court
- Modification and Enforcement of child support in Juvenile Court
- Domestic violence protection orders
- All aspects of post-decree litigation (after the point a Judgment Entry is issued) in Domestic Relations & Juvenile Court matters
- Pre-nuptial agreements (ante-nuptial)
- Grandparent custody and visitation
- Name changes
- Step-parent adoptions.
WE URGE YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE MAKING THE BEST DECISIONS FOR YOUR LIFE AS YOU CONFRONT YOUR FAMILY LAW CHALLENGE. BE KIND TO YOURSELF, FORGIVE YOURSELF, TAKE TIME TO PROCESS GRIEF AND LET YOURSELF FEEL HOPEFUL.
MANY CLIENTS FEEL LIKE THEY ARE IN CRISIS WHILE ENDURING THEIR FAMILY LAW MATTERS. WE ARE A UNIQUE PIECE OF A CLIENT’S SUPPORT SYSTEM WHEN THEIR LIFE FEELS OUT OF CONTROL. WE WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THE LEGAL PROCESS. WE WILL EXPLAIN YOUR OPTIONS AND STRATEGY CHOICES EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. WE WILL EVEN HELP YOU MINIMIZE YOUR LEGAL FEES BY OFFERING YOU TIPS TO STREAMLINE YOUR BILL.
The more prepared you are with your communications, the more likely
you are to save billable time.
Write emails that are brief, succinct and to the point. Once we are rolling, you can accumulate your non-emergency questions and send one email a week, to which, we can respond succinctly. It will save you many hours over the course of your case if you do this rather than corresponding about each point separately as thoughts come to you.
Schedule a phone call or a meeting with Joy to check in periodically or discuss a concern. Joy is happy to interact with you in the manner which makes you most comfortable. Working with clients is her favorite part of being a lawyer. You are welcome to contact the office as frequently as you wish but understand most individual contacts are billable events.
If we can direct you to a court form to give us raw data and save you some processing time, we will do that. When we need information to use in representing you, we will give you tips about organizing it so we can go through it efficiently and put it to use. This often saves clients hours of time.
Contact the Office
We’re here to help you on this journey. Please fill out the form below to request more information.